From: Tim Boudreau <niftiness@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Making an overlay publicly available?
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 20:56:42
1 Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask or if it's in some FAQ I've
2 missed.
3
4 I have an overlay set up here
5 https://github.com/timboudreau/gentoo
6 with a number of generally useful things in it (etcd, statsd, flatbuffers,
7 ebuilds for some fonts available from dafont.com and some X themes). For
8 my own use I just add
9 http://timboudreau.com/files/repositories.xml
10 to my layman.cfg, but I'd prefer to make it part of the official list of
11 overlays.
12
13 Per the instructions there, I sent email to the address listed on
14 gpo.zugaina.org; after several months, no response; tried tweeting about
15 with a few hashtags I though might bring it to notice of someone in the
16 know; no response there either.
17
18 Some of these are stable, and I'd be happy to maintain them as official
19 packages if that's of interest - but probably as I'm new to this list, it's
20 best to start with just getting the overlay available.
21
22 Any pointers on where to look if there's a process for this appreciated!
23
24 Thanks,
25
26 -Tim