From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:26:59
1 On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 12:57:46PM +0200, Ioannis Aslanidis wrote:
2 > On 6/28/05, Shyam Mani <fox2mike@g.o> wrote:
3 > > The only difference I see b/w "Staff" and "Developers" is that you might
4 > > not have access to CVS. You'll have an email ID and an account on
5 > > dev.g.o, just like the rest of us (I'm assuming here). So what/where is
6 > > the big deal about it?
7 >
8 > Maybe just that Developer sounds prettier than Staff. The rest is
9 > exactly as you stated. Now let me ask developers this:
10 >
11 > Does it really matter you if we are called developers instead of staff?
14 Yes. You don't develop anything
17 Jon Portnoy
18 avenj/irc.freenode.net
19 --