From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A walk through the portage code
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 05:41:46
1 I cant verify its correctness but I sure enjoined reading the first
2 half.
3
4 On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 10:17, Grant Goodyear wrote:
5 > Dear all,
6 > I've been spending a bit of time walking through the Portage code so
7 > that I could have a better idea of what goes on when one types "emerge"
8 > or "ebuild". I've put together enough information that I decided it was
9 > worth making it public, at http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum, although I
10 > by no means guarantee the validity of any of my statements there
11 > (especially true since portage is a moving target). Please feel free to
12 > e-mail me with any errors, additions, or corrections you might have.
13 >
14 > Best,
15 > g2boojum
16 --