From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dumb install question
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 08:52:32
On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 03:44:25PM -0500, Bob Collins wrote:
> I am trying to install Gentoo Linux 1.0rc3 onto a new box. AMD K6-2 550, > 96MB ram, 10GB HD, Mach 64 based video card, 3Com Nic. Nothing unusual. > > I have downloaded the iso image and burned it under Windows NT using > Adaptec software. I have used this method for many Redhat and FreeBSD > ISOs, with never a trouble. This new box will boot the Redhat or FreeBSD > cds fine, but the Gentoo will not. I receive a cdrom boot failure > notice. > > Can the ISO be burnt under NT? Or must it burn under Redhat or some > such?
First, you'll need to wait for Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc4, because the current version is incompatible with AMD K6 processors. However, burning the CD from Windows should work. Possibly this is due to the K6 incompatibility? 1.0_rc4 is coming soon; that should work for you. -- Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> President/CEO Gentoo Technologies, Inc.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Dumb install question (Achim Gottinger)