From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bug voting
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:15:56
1 On Tuesday 27 July 2004 11:11 pm, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > I'm also strongly in favour of a limited number of votes per user. Along
3 > the lines of 2 votes/week for non-developers, and 4 votes/week for
4 > developers. Unused votes should NOT get carried over between weeks, to
5 > prevent vote hoarding.
6
7 As Tom pointed out, you get a fixed number of votes to allocate at any one
8 time (they don't accumulate). How many you can place on each bug depends
9 on the maximum that has been set for the Product the bug belongs to. You
10 can, also, by this same way prevent people on voting for bugs in a
11 particular Product (by setting maximum votes for that product to 0.)
12
13 So let's throw out an example scenario. I don't necessarily like how KDE
14 does it, since one person can add more weight by slapping 20 votes on. I
15 personally prefer a 1 vote per person model, but it could be done either
16 way with success. This is probably how I would set it up:
17
18 Users are given 20 votes.
19
20 We let them allocate one vote per bug, for the things that are worthwhile
21 to vote on.
22
23 We set up the per-product voting settings like this:
24
25 Admin: 0 (voting not desireable here)
26 Developer Relations: 0
27 Docs-developer: 1 (one vote per bug)
28 Docs-user: 1
29 Gentoo GLSA: 1