From: Max Kalika <max@g.o>
To: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××.com>, Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] where is 'emake' defined?
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 00:46:15
1 Quoting Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××.com>:
2
3 > I'm writing a wrapper script for 'make' so that portage will show % done
4 > compiling instead of the actual compile output, if the user chooses. If
5 > it detects that 'make' exits with an error code, it will output the last
6 > 15 (will be configurable) lines of 'make' output.
7
8 /usr/lib/portage/bin/emake
9
10 > I want to edit my local copy of the 'emake' function so that my wrapper
11 > is used instead. Where is this? Also, can you override an eclass in the
12 > overlay? I know that portage hasn't looked for eclasses in the overlay
13 > previously.
14
15 It does now, though I don't know which takes precedence.
18 max kalika
19 .. public key: http://www.gentoo.org/~max/max.asc
20 .. fingerprint: 2D59 74B5 8785 3C22 74F2 87B0 6DD4 E810 CBC3 AB79