From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [EAPI 8 RFC] Install-time dependencies
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 18:55:03
1 On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 1:41 PM Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 20:40:26 +0100
4 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > > The proposal is to add a new dependency type (codename: IDEPEND) which
7 > > indicates dependencies used for pkg_*inst (and pkg_*rm?) phases
8 >
9 > Given the nature of this, I somewhat expect this to cover dependencies
10 > required for src_unpack and src_fetch, and possibly src_prepare
11 >
12 > Am I misunderstanding?
13
14 Yes, I think you misunderstand something, but I'm not sure exactly how.
15
16 Tools used during src_unpack and src_prepare are generally covered by BDEPEND.
17
18 src_fetch isn't formally defined yet, but probably needs its own
19 dependency class if BDEPEND wont cover it.