From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP ??: Critical News Reporting
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 17:32:54
1 On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 12:08:23PM -0500, Nathan L. Adams wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Chris Gianelloni wrote:
6 > >
7 > > Yeah, see, this is a case where not understanding the structure of
8 > > Gentoo gives you the wrong impression. The GDP's policy applies to the
9 > > GDP. That is not a global developer policy of any kind. It is a policy
10 > > by a project, for that project.
11 > >
12 > > If I were, for example, to write up a nice guide for something on the
13 > > games team and do it all in ASCII art, that policy has no bearing on
14 > > what I do. If I were to write something for the GDP, then it would.
15 > >
16 > > At any rate, that has *zero* bearing on whether or not our update
17 > > information needs to be written in GuideXML, so there's no point in
18 > > arguing it with you.
21 > So you're saying that Gentoo consists of projects that are completely
22 > 'silo'd up' and have no bearing whatsoever on each other. Then the
23 > DevRel project only has bearing on those who actually join DevRel. Neat,
24 > a group formed for the sole purpose of coordinating itself. Security
25 > need only concern itself with securing its members (from who knows
26 > what!), and infra can just ignore the needs of everyone else (different
27 > project!). I wonder how any of the other projects *ever* made it onto
28 > the website...
29
30 No, he's saying you're talking out of your behind. And you continue to
31 do so
32
33 Gentoo projects have their own areas of responsibility, the GDP's area
34 of responsibility is the GDP, devrel's area of responsibility is
35 developers, infra's area of responsibility is infrastructure.
36
37 Thank you, come again
40 Jon Portnoy
41 avenj/irc.freenode.net