From: Johannes Huber <johu@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] metadata.xml GLEP for review
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 19:43:21
1 Am Mittwoch 16 März 2016, 19:43:21 schrieb Michał Górny:
2 > Hello, all.
3 >
4 > Long story short: while working on various metadata.xml-related
5 > aspects, it bite us pretty hard that we lack proper spec for
6 > metadata.xml file. What we have is pretty much the DTD, some partial
7 > GLEPs (that sometimes provide incorrect info) and random bugs. ml
8 > posts...
9 >
10 > Therefore, I've been slowly writing a proper GLEP that would describe
11 > all of metadata.xml in detail. Here's the current draft for review:
12 >
13 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:MGorny/GLEP:68
14
15 Hello Michal,
16
17 just a crazy idea came to my mind: How about to add HOMEPAGE and DESCRIPTION
18 from ebuild to metadata.xml. So that this duplicated info in ebuilds can be
19 dropped in future EAPI?
20
21 Greetings,
22 Johannes