From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: PR team <pr@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [FRC] News item: Changing USE flags for >=app-backup/bacula
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 22:29:27
1 On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 5:55 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > On pon, 2017-08-14 at 21:58 +0200, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
3 >>
4 >> * 'bacula-clientonly' becomes 'clientonly'
5 >
6 > This is still negative logic in disguise. clientonly = noserver.
7 >
8 >> * 'bacula-nodir' will be replaced by 'director' but with inverted logic
9 >> * 'bacula-nosd' will be replaced by 'storage-daemon' (also inverted).
10 >>
11 >> 'director' and 'storage-daemon' will be active by default resulting in an
12 >> installation with backup director and storage daemon enabled.
15 ++
16
17 I guess to make it a bit more explicit, would it make sense to have 3 flags:
18
19 client - install the client (or consider calling it file-daemon instead)
20 director - install the director
21 storage-daemon - install the storage daemon
22
23 Omit the first if we always want the client. I don't see the need for
24 a "clientonly" flag if each of the two server components already have
25 their own flags. If somebody doesn't want to have to know what each
26 of the components do they probably shouldn't be messing around with
27 Bacula as it is anything but install-and-forget.
30 Rich