From: Brad Laue <brad@g.o>
To: Heinrich Wendel <lanius@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP #16: Gentoo Menu System
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 16:15:17
1 Heinrich Wendel wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > An often discussed item is a Menu System for Gentoo. I created a GLEP for it,
5 > please read through it carefully and then post your comments ;)
6 >
7 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0016.html
8
9 What I'd love: this whole idea
10
11 What I'd hate: A Gentoo menu or anything not integrated with the current
12 menuing system of GNOME/KDE - RedHat does an excellent job of fashioning
13 a menu layout that doesn't involve a distribution specific menu.
14
15 This may of course be covered in some greater detail by the Freedesktop
16 Spec or part of the GLEP I may have passed over - apologies for
17 redundancy if so.
18
19 Brad
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list