From: Phil Richards <news@××××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some suggestions
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 20:23:28
1 On 2003-09-06, Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 13:05:16 -0500
3 > David Sankel <sankeld@×××××××××××××.net> wrote:
4 > > 1) etc-update changes for a more automated system update
5 > Try dispatch-conf (from recent portage versions). It does unmodified
6 > files auto-upgrade, plus some other goodies.
7
8 Erm, dispatch-conf? What is it? What does it do?
9
10 I don't like running commands as root that neither have a man page nor
11 respond to "-h" or "--help". Nor am I particularly informed when I
12 run it (after a cursory look at the code) and get:
13
14 dispatch-conf: Config archive dir [/etc/config-archive] must exist; fatal
15
16 Ok, I'm off to the forums to see if I can find out what the command
17 is actually supposed to do. (10 minute pause.) Nope, still none the
18 wiser.
19
20 phil
21 --