From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev List <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] development-sources are not 'development'
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:19:37
1 On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 10:54:00PM +0200, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > I can't agree more. Whereas some users don't want to know anything about
3 > these versions, most users do. Having the "vanilla" sources called to their
4 > major/minor will make it very clear what kernel they are dealing with.
5
6 Never mind this; the approach discussed in the other thread suits Gentoo's
7 needs more. After all, it's indeed rather annoying to give the package a
8 name with the version _and_ still have separate version information
9 available.
10
11 This was indeed exactly why we have SLOT in the first place.
12
13 Sorry for the left/right jumping :)
14
15 Wkr,