From: Gert Menke <gert@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] Recompile everything!
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:23:09
1 Hello!
2
3 I would really like to have the old "emerge --update world" back. The new
4 stuff is great, and I would not want to miss it, but at least sometimes I'd
5 like to have the old version back. Perhaps there could be a keyword
6 "everything" that would work on the list of all installed packages, instead
7 of /var/cache/edb/world. So you could do things like this:
8
9 emerge --update everything # like the old "--update world"
10
11 emerge everything # for rebuilding *everything* that is installed,
12 # for example after changing /etc/make.conf
13
14 What do the developers think of this idea?
15
16 Greetings
17 Gert