From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Over using preserve_old_lib, don't do that
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:09:55
1 Le jeudi 15 juillet 2010 à 09:49 +0100, Mike Auty a écrit :
2 [...]
3 > I can live with this for in places where it causes massive breakage
4 > (openssl/libpng/libjpg), because it's genuinely useful, but I think it
5 > should be restricted to such important packages, or at least disabled by
6 > FEATURES="-preserve-libs".
7 >
8 > Ideally, these calls should either adhere to FEATURES="-preserve-libs",
9 > or there should be a tool that can identify which files portage has
10 > preserved, and allow easy rebuilding of dependent packages, and removal.
11 > At the moment, I'm having to manually grep ebuilds, ls the libraries
12 > and run revdep-rebuild over them one at a time...
13
14 These sound like very good ideas to me.
17 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
18 Gentoo