From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dynamic groups and users
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2019 17:07:08
1 On Fri, 2019-08-02 at 12:24 -0400, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 8/2/19 11:58 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > Given that overlays won't do proper assignment, the numbers they choose
4 > > may collide with numbers used in ::gentoo. Forcing explicit assignment
5 > > from dynamic range is cleaner in that regard.
8 > I think it would be cleanest to leave the hacks in the overlay, and set
9 > the desired ID to either 999 or a random number like floppym suggested.
10 > The meaning of RANDOM is even more clear than "-1", and doesn't require
11 > us to add both the code that's dead-on-arrival and the CI check to
12 > ensure that it stays that way. But you're the one who's maintaining it
13 > now so I won't argue.
16 I suppose setting it to 999 would also serve the purpose. Jaco, do you
17 agree?
20 Best regards,
21 Michał Górny