From: Jaco Kroon <jaco@××××××.za>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] possible additional tag for GLEP66: Pending
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 13:22:58
1 Hi All,
2
3 When bumping for security updates, the requirement is that the
4 replacement ebuild be stabilized (the GLSA be issued), and then to clean
5 up the tree of vulnerable versions.
6
7 As a proxy maintainer, the addition of a tag to queue a PR pending a
8 specific Bug be closed first would in this scenario be potentially
9 beneficial.
10
11 Specifically, what I suggest is to flag the PR that fixes the issues
12 (ie, ebuild bump) with the usual Bug: tag, but to then at the same time
13 be able to pre-emptively file a PR removing the vulnerable versions, but
14 only once the security bug has been handled (closed).
15
16 Towards this end, I'd suggest a tag such as:
17
18 Pending: https://bugs.gentoo.org/NNNNNN — to reference a bug; the bug
19 needs to be closed before this PR will be considered for merging.
20
21 Obviously it's also possible to file a second bug that depends on the
22 security bug, but this doesn't block merging.  QA checks doesn't make
23 sense to run (since this remove commit will mostly likely remove all
24 current stable versions).
25
26 Ideas and thoughts around this?
27