From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Python 3.8 is now stable-ready
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 10:54:48
1 Hi, everyone.
2
3 I'd like to announce that thanks to the hard work of our arch testers,
4 Python 3.8 target is now available on stable systems on some of our
5 architectures, notably amd64, arm and arm64. Hopefully, it will also
6 become available on other architectures as arch teams proceed.
7
8 Package maintainers, please take this as a cue to start enabling Python
9 3.8 in your development systems and testing your packages with it.
10 Additional testing on 3.9 is also recommended.
11
12 If you need help porting, please don't hesitate to contact the Python
13 team or myself.
16 Best regards,
17 Michał Górny