From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux preinstalled
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:36:53
1 Hi,
2
3 I want to preinstall Gentoo Linux on some devices for customers. Do
4 you have any tips for preinstallation, any scripts? What is the
5 correct prcedure of doing so?
6 Anyone knows of something like a "sysprep" script for linux that will
7 ask the costumer for user and passwort setup when he first switches
8 on the PC?
9
10 On the technical side what I am currently doing is taking a normal
11 setup, cleaning up distfiles, /usr/src, /tmp, /home, creating a new
12 usser without any files of my own ;)
13 cleaning out all my passwords of /etc.
14 partimageing the partition, and dd'ing grub and sfdisking the partition table.
15 Then playing back the images on the HDs I want to put into the devices later.
16
17 Regards,
18 Stefan
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list