From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] abort building
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:16:30
1 On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 01:55:09PM -0600, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 09:20:26PM +0200, Marius Brüggemann wrote:
3 > > ;) Yeah I did.... That is the reason why I'm wondering.
4 >
5 > You said that you are using linux-headers, correct? I assume you're using
6 > linux-headers-2.4.8.8; is this also correct? If so, there is no possible way
7 > for you to hit the perl problem you describe, since configure no longer gets
8 > run. If my assumptions are wrong, please let me know.
9
10 Well, if you are bootstrapping _rc6-r3 in order to create a "real" system, you
11 will run into this problem. Merge perl to your build image and the problem
12 should go away. Note that I (and I'm the creator/lead developer for Gentoo
13 Linux) am not even building full systems out of this build image yet, so you
14 shouldn't expect too much support at this time. Expect things to break.
15
16 Best Regards,
19 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
20 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org