From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Agenda [WAS: One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June]
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 01:12:55
1 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> posted pan.2008.06.13.00.42.33@×××.net,
2 excerpted below, on Fri, 13 Jun 2008 00:42:34 +0000:
3
4 > Umm... pardon me for speaking my mind a bit here, and nothing personal,
5 > particularly since I have the utmost respect for the talent and skills
6 > of the people involved, but after seeing a pattern repeated over the
7 > last couple days I've seen time and time before, it's getting tiresome
8 > enough to write up!
9
10 > What if the "filed a bug yet" attitude held on both sides, or even if
11 > one side simply refused to play that begging dog or tricking pony the
12 > other side expects them to be? It simply cannot go on that way forever.
13 > Something's going to give, now, or later, when there's ultimately no
14 > more Gentoo to pull apart and therefore no more Gentoo PMs or PMS to
15 > continue fighting over.
16
17 OK, blame the continued posting on lack of sleep if you'd like, but it's
18 an honestly held opinion. What makes it worse is that the people
19 involved are, honestly, very skilled. Were it not so, were they say,
20 more like me (heh), it'd be easy enough to simply ignore them. However,
21 they can be very helpful when they want to be, it's a big loss, and it's
22 only this sick idea of entertainment, forcing humans to the humiliation
23 of basically doing tricks like animals for a bit of what after all is
24 claimed to be so simple information but that others can't seem to see,
25 that's the problem. The trouble is, the info, once the performance has
26 been deemed to have gone on long enough, is so often right...
27
28 Still, ultimately, there are better ways to get it. If one person won't
29 provide it without someone stooping to his low idea of entertainment,
30 well, either time will provide, or perhaps it was a not-so-critical
31 corner case after all.
32
33 If we could only treat each other as humans instead of trained circus
34 animals, something I'm still endeavoring to do, even in all this, thus
35 pointing out the virtues and a very good reason for respect, as well.
36 No, the information doesn't /have/ to be provided as has been well
37 demonstrated, but it sure hopes when we're all at least ideally targeting
38 a similar goal, if we cooperate in going that direction, instead of
39 fighting over it.
40
41 Poisonous people indeed... I was skeptical at first, but the
42 demonstration has continued until I'm beginning to come, ever so
43 regretfully, to the same conclusion.
48 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
51 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list