From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Gentoo Python Project <python@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item: Python ABIFLAGS rebuild needed
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 08:55:03
1 >>>>> On Fri, 11 Dec 2015, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2
3 > It is worth noting that GLEP 42 makes no mention of EAPI, and
4 > current versions of portage do support slots in dependency atoms
5 > used in news items.
6
7 > I guess it's a matter of documenting this somewhere. Where would
8 > that be?
9
10 We should update GLEP 42 and introduce a News-Item-Format 1.1 that
11 supports EAPI 5 for dependency syntax.
12
13 (This has come up several times in the past already, but for some
14 reason nobody is willing to take the initiative for updating the GLEP.
15 Everyone seems to be happy with a workaround for their own news item.)
16
17 Ulrich