From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o, gentoo-bsd@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] distfiles whitelisting
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 08:15:37
1 Just a friendly reminder, if you are placing files on the distfiles
2 mirrors that are not claimed by an ebuild in the tree, you need to
3 whitelist the files- just add the files to
4 /space/distfiles-whitelist-current on dev.gentoo.org , and the files
5 will be left alone for 6 months, or until they're removed from the
6 whitelist file.
7
8 If you don't do this, the files _will_ be removed from the mirrors
9 roughly a week after they hit the mirrors. I've added the exemptions
10 I could think of to make the transition smooth, but ultimately it's
11 the uploaders responsibility.
12
13 Any questions, just give a yell.
14 ~brian