From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass: gkrellm-plugin
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 18:17:25
1 On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 19:04:20 +0100 "Ioannis Aslanidis"
2 <aslanidis@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On 3/8/07, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org> wrote:
4 > > On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:19:20 -0600 Jim Ramsay <lack@g.o>
5 > > wrote:
6 > > > I have attached my first draft of the eclass. As you can see,
7 > > > there are 3 main important benefits to using this eclass:
8 > >
9 > > You shouldn't dodoc COPYING.
10 >
11 > How is it that it should not be done? Is it because the file is
12 > usually a symlink? Or because there is simply no need to do it?
13
14 It's generally agreed that installing licence files should only be done
15 if legally required. Otherwise, we already have a copy in the tree.
16
17 > > You don't need to set ECLASS manually any more.
18 >
19 > Who takes care of ECLASS now?
20
21 Your package manager of choice. Same for INHERITED btw.
24 Ciaran McCreesh
25 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
26 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
27 Paludis, the secure package manager : http://paludis.pioto.org/