From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: OpenRC public API definition
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2015 19:08:31
1 On 12/03/2015 12:36 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > I would like opinions on what is considered the public api of librc.
5 >
6 > 1) All definitions in rc.h, even though they are not formally documented
7 > in man pages.
8 >
9 > 2) the definitions in rc.h which are documented in section 3 man pages.
10 >
11 > I'm bringing this up, because I am looking at redesigning one of the
12 > undocumented functions soon, and the redesign will definitely break
13 > things if people are using the function outside of OpenRC.
16 It's OK to change the public API as long as it's in a major version so
17 nobody is surprised.