From: "Benedikt Böhm" <hollow@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Virtualization Herd
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 15:45:07
1 On Wednesday 05 July 2006 14:48, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 21:09 -0400, Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
3 > > I'm open to arguments in favor of such a project, tho, if people have
4 > > real plans. Certainly, an easier way to generate and maintain root
5 > > filesystems for UML would be nice.
6 >
7 > As far as VMware is concerned, I see no point in this herd. All of the
8 > VMware stuff is already managed by the VMware team, and is a part of the
9 > vmware herd. Adding it to a broader herd won't improve VMware in any
10 > way. The only thing it will do is ensure that the members of the VMware
11 > team get emails about bugs in things they aren't interested in working
12 > with, or have no knowledge of whatsoever.
13
14 i agree, same applies for the vserver herd (currently maintaining openvz and
15 linux-vserver)
18 > If such a herd does form, leave VMware out of it, please.
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list