From: Teo <icemaze@××××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Tracking down a bug in portage
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 12:53:38
1 I'm trying to find out why the sandbox feature in portage makes it crash in my
2 system after a recent world update. I found out that mplayer also crashes if
3 run as root because he "Can't find HOME directory". After a little dig-dug in
4 the source I discovered that getenv("HOME") returns NULL, even though the
5 command "set" displays "HOME=/root". Besides, if launched as "HOME=/root
6 mplayer", the program runs fine. However, so do "ls ~" and "echo $HOME".
7
8 Does anyone know where does this discrepancy come from?
9
10 Thank you!
11 --
12 icemaze@××××××××××.it