From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introducing the Proctors - Draft Code of Conduct for Gentoo
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:41:40
1 Richard Brown wrote:
2 > Respectfully, you're wrong. When you're writing a
3 > policy document we do need to dissect every word.
4
5 I disagree with that. At least in my country, laws are written in a
6 flexible enough way to give judges the ability to interprete the law to
7 a certain extend, and it works just great. I don't see why we have to
8 dissect every word, especially since it makes it so easy to not to see
9 the wood for the trees. The goal of the CoC is fairly vague ('getting
10 along well'), so why is there a need to specify the way ulta-explicit?
13 Kind Regards,
14
15 Simon Stelling
16 Gentoo/AMD64