From: Sean Mitchell <SMitchell@×××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] New system to replace USE flags
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 08:28:12
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Dan Armak [mailto:ermak@×××××××××××××.il]
3
4 > No, No! This is a proprosition to *replace* USE flags. Thre
5 > will be *only*
6 > With flags.
7
8 I see... I completely missed that rather key element.
9
10 I dunno, Dan. It seems to me that is a bit drastic. I'm really much more in
11 favour of supplementing the existing system which overall I rather like.
12 Plus, that would invalidate all the work that Daniel and Achim and company
13 are about to release.
14
15 At any rate perhaps it is best to wait and see what the new system brings
16 and in the meantime define what functionality is required. Then we could see
17 what gaps the new system fills and then go from there.
18
19 Cheers,
20
21 Sean
22
24 Sean Mitchell Software Engineer
25 smitchell@×××××××××××××××××××.com Phoenix Interactive Design Inc
26 tel. 519-679-2913 x237 4th Floor, 137 Dundas St
27 fax. 519 679 6773 London, ON, Canada N6A 1E9
28 ICQ# 104246806