From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Installer For Gentoo
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:50:34
1 On Thursday 15 January 2004 16:33, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 >
3 > Per-package USE flags is being worked on, but won't be around for a long
4 > time. USE should never be determined by installed packages, but rather
5 > always by the user.
6
7 They are actually in 2.0.50_pre?? but what we really want is useflag
8 dependencies. They are comming to, but are not yet there.
9
10 > netcat is a much better tool for such a task. I think I can speak for
11 > most of us when I say that we feel very strongly about never adding
12 > telnet to the default profiles, as it is simply inviting trouble.
13
14 Especially telnetd, but the client indeed is also not needed if netcat is
15 there
16
17 Paul
20 Paul de Vrieze