From: dams <dams@×××.fr>
To: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new use flag editor : profuse
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:42:20
1 Georgi Georgiev wrote:
2 > maillog: 08/12/2004-15:50:32(+0100): dams types
3 >
4 >>>- It removes stuff from my make.conf if it is redundand with the
5 >>> information from my profile. For example, if I have "alsa" in
6 >>> /etc/make.conf and I run profuse, it says that alsa is set in
7 >>> make.defaults and make.conf. I say OK, then run profuse again, and I
8 >>> get alsa specified in make.defaults only, because profuse removed it
9 >>> from make.conf. Could you implement an option that will at least give
10 >>> it a choice to not touch stuff that is already in my make.conf, unless
11 >>> I specifically request it? I mean, you do keep the data in the table
12 >>> anyway? Maybe if you made use flags with three states ("enabled",
13 >>> "disabled" and "unset") it would be trivial to write out to make.conf
14 >>> every flag that is not "unset". The table could then display either
15 >>> a "+", a "-" or nothing for each flag.
16 >>
17 >>Both things are possible, what do you prefer? I think the second
18 >>solution would be more straightforward
21 > Yep, I like the three-state solution best. Not sure how it would look in
22 > GTK+, but I imagine something similar to the gconfig of the linux
23 > kernel.
24
25 yes exactly. It's implemented this way on the right panel of profuse, if
26 you double-click on a flag that has some -
27 I'll code it that way then
31 >>>- "profuse --profile-dir=/usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/alpha/2004.3"
32 >>> fails because of the weirs syntax in that profile.
33 >>>
34 >>
35 >>Is it weird and wrong or weird but correct (and I should try to support
36 >>it ) ?
39 > I hope someone answers that, but my opinion is that since the profile
40 > works (I guess it does) it must be correct. After all, these config
41 > files are supposed to be python-style syntax... (looks at
42 > portage_util.py:defconfig, which uses shlex)... or not.
43
44 ok, thanks
48 dams
51 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list