From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: New global USE flag: introspection
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 07:04:27
On Monday 21 June 2010 09:53:02 Arun Raghavan wrote:
> On 21 June 2010 11:43, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote: > [...] > > >> introspection: Add gobject-introspection support, allowing for the > >> dynamic generation of bindings for various languages > > > > why not naming the useflag gobject-introspection then ? > > Mostly because it seems exceedingly verbose to me (yes, I know we have > longer USE flags, and I find them too long as well).
well, it removes any possible ambiguity; it's meaning may be obvious for you but for me, when I see an "introspection" useflag, I wonder why that package would like to do its self psychanalysis... also, remember that having useflag descriptions is only an addition to accurate useflag names, not a justification for having vague names A.