From: Sebastian Kratzert <skratzert@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kportagemaster
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 13:14:45
1 Am Sonntag, 16. Juni 2002 18:12 schrieb Terje Kvernes:
2 > Sebastian Kratzert <skratzert@×××.de> writes:
3 > > Am Sonntag, 16. Juni 2002 03:10 schrieb Terje Kvernes:
4 > > > 1) some way of parsing the output from emerge so we get some sort
5 > > > of readable output. \r-usage doesn't go well with the current
6 > > > version.
7
8 If you know how, *please* tell me.
9
10 > > What sort of parsing do you mean?
11 >
12 > something to make the output from actions sort of readable. the
13 > simplest fix would be to be able to get the widget that the output
14 > gets pasted into to understand \r.
15 >
16 > oh, and could you make it possible to set the foreground and
17 > background colors in the widgets?
18 >
19 > > > 2) after I've done an action I'd like to be at the same spot in the
20 > > > tree, with the same view that I had earlier. now the tree
21 > > > collapses and resets itself after doing it's thing. this is
22 > > > rather annoying. the most correct behavior is probably to let
23 > > > jobs just run, and not interfere with the GUI at all. this
24 > > > does, however, pose some other troubles, like transparently
25 > > > updating the tree(s). but it would be neat. expanded to
26 > > > allowing several tasks at the same time sometime into the
27 > > > future. ;-)
28 > >
29 > > This feature we discussed several times, but it's hard to update the tree
30 > > transparently. So we pushed this task back in TODO. ;)
31 >
32 > okay, nice to know you're on it. in the meantime, just making the
33 > menu return to its previous state would be very nice indeed.
34
35 Will try to expand the tree to the last selected ebuild.
36
37 > > > 3) we have "all", and "merged" panes. I can live without the
38 > > > "non-merged" one, but can I get '*' instead of a '+' for
39 > > > categories including packages that have duplicates installed?
40 > > > that would make kportagemaster a nice graphical alternative to
41 > > > pkg-clean.
42 > >
43 > > I don't see any possibility to change the [+], butwill try to do
44 > > something similar.
45 >
46 > great! maybe some colors on the [+] indicating status for that
47 > category / ebuild might work. red for "none merged", green for "one
48 > merged" and yellow for "several merged".
49
50 Yellow is already used as "injected".
51 If you want, you can see how I the cvs-version looks:
52 cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@××××××××××××××.org/cvsroot login
53 cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@××××××××××××××.org/cvsroot co kportagemaster
54
55 > I've been using kportagemaster for a while now and I really enjoy
56 > the "surfing" feeling of looking through the ebuilds.
57 >
58 > > > anyhow, in case you're in doubt it's all very nice work!
59 > >
60 > > thanks.
61 >
62 > it's nice to come back to the Gentoo community after a while and
63 > find that things are getting even nicer. now, if someone has some
64 > free time to sell me so I could get back into portage. :/
67 Greets,
68
69 Sebastian Kratzert