From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: net-im/ekg2 and the ssl/openssl/gnutls flags
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 21:45:47
1 Il giorno mer, 01/12/2010 alle 22.30 +0100, Michał Górny ha scritto:
2 >
3 > In other words, the preferred complete build of ekg2 requires both
4 > gnutls and openssl. However, all of the features should work fine with
5 > openssl itself as well.
6 >
7 There is a simple first question to ask here. Does it use pure GnuTLS or
8 the GnuTLS-OpenSSL glue layer? If the latter, then you either build it
9 to only use one, or you're going to hit symbol collisions which are no
10 fun to debug.
11
12 In general, as much as I like to allow alternatives, I'd suggest you to
13 pick a stand, and since OpenSSL is the lowest common denominator, I'd
14 suggest you pick that one. But for sure there will be people complaining
15 about licensing…
16
17 How feasible would be to get upstream to implement GnuTLS support on the
18 remaining plugins?
21 Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
22 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
23
24 If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
25 it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/