From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Cc: gentoo-cygwin@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo/Cygwin?
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 03:42:27
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 >Does anyone have any information on what Gentoo/Cygwin is? Who is in
4 >charge of this, and is it really at the stage where we should be
5 >recruiting people to work on it? I'm *extremely* wary of the idea of
6 >this kind of thing being committed without prior discussion -- there's
7 >far more difference between anything we currently have and Cygwin than
8 >there is between osx or bsd and linux-gnu, and we know how much work
9 >those two are already...
13 I'm on the Gentoo/CygWin mailing list; I'm probably responsible for
14 whatever small interest in Gentoo running on CygWin there is in the user
15 community :). I'd certainly use it if available, and I'd certain test it
16 thoroughly. But it wouldn't be the end of civilzation as *I* know it if
17 nobody worked on it; I spend a lot more time, at home anyway, with a
18 *real* Gentoo environment, and it won't make any difference at all to
19 the Red Hat (and Windows) bigots where I work.
20
21 CygWin is my "command line of choice" on the Windows systems at work. I
22 haven't gone so far as to mount a CAPP (CygWin/Apache/Postgres/PHP)
23 server with it, but I just might someday.
24 --
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list