From: Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Upcoming Infra maintenance/downtimes: anon{cvs,svn,git}, archives, bouncer, overlays
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 22:26:48
1 On 1/18/08, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Thursday 17 January 2008, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
3 > > anonvcs.gentoo.org: anoncvs, anonsvn, anongit
4 > > - Anonymous SVN is changing from http:// to svn:// [1]
5 > > overlays.gentoo.org [3]:
6 > > - Anonymous SVN is changing from http:// to svn://
7 >
8 > i'd point out that http:// syncing is usable from behind firewalls while
9 > svn:// is not ... while this does not affect me personally, it's something to
10 > keep in mind.
11 > -mike
15 Just wanted to note this too... I am one of the affected ones...
16 I think that it is very important to have http, and even https for
17 formal resources.
18 git://, svn://, rsync:// or ssh+X:// are inaccessible for a large
19 group of users.
20
21 Also using none secured protocols, exposes users to man-in-the-middle attacks.
22
23 Best Regards,
24 Alon Bar-Lev.
25 --