From: Norberto Bensa <norberto+gentoo-dev@×××××××××.cx>
To: mattam@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flag: examples
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 19:46:27
1 Matthieu Sozeau wrote:
2 > (No, you
3 > can't attack this proposal by saying we already have too much flags :).
4
5 there are too many... oh, never mind.
6
7 Seriously, the only thing I got against USE flags is: lack of documentation.
8 Gentoo needs more descriptive comments for Uflags. Many times you see
9 something like this:
10
11 # emerge -pv package
12 [ebuild N ] cat/package-0.1 -flag1 -whatever1 +whatever2 23 kB
13
14 And when you go to use.local.desc all you see is:
15
16 cat/package:flag1 - enables flag1 compilation/support
17
18 It doesn't say what flag1 is good for! So you end up Googleing, etc...
19
20 Best regards,
21 Norberto
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list