From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] update `strip-flags` to allow flags that disable stuff
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 02:11:24
1 i was trying to debug xorg-x11 and the CFLAGS that were causing it to segfault
2 on my box when i found the following CFLAGS got mangled because of
3 `strip-flags`:
4 CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium4 -mno-mmx -mno-sse -mno-sse2 -pipe"
5 suddenly xorg-x11 was built with:
6 CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium4 -pipe"
7
8 now, considering `strip-flags` is intended to 'sanitize' CFLAGS of all the
9 crazy crap people stick in it for the purpose of not *over* optimizing, it
10 seems like when people want to *disable* a few optimizations, they should :)
11
12 so my proposal is that `strip-flags` will allow any flag that begins with
13 '-mno-' or '-fno-' ... any objections ?
14 -mike
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list