From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 39 compliance
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 16:49:18
1 Simon Stelling wrote:
2 > Wernfried Haas wrote:
3 >> As far i am concerned, i find seperate sections quite good as it's a
4 >> clear solution as it's easy to see who is an official Gentoo monkey
5 >> who did all the quiz stuff etc. May be subject to personal taste though.
6 >
7 > Well, yeah, it just makes we wonder what the fuck an ebuild quiz has to
8 > do with a bash framework, as in this example? Really, the ebuild quiz is
9 > cool for ebuild maintainers, so you at least know about some common
10 > mistakes, but it does nothing beyond that.
11 >
12 > Simply spoken: You can use them as indicator for _nothing_, i.e. it's
13 > completely unimportant whether you did the quizzes or not. IMO, at least.
16 Moreso for me it lists people as having @gentoo e-mail addresses, which
17 is incorrect. I think perhaps listing their e-mail in a seperate field
18 and dropping the "nickname@g.o", such that for contributors we
19 can list alternate addresses.
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list