From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ERROR: gnome-base/bonobo-1.0.22 failed.
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 17:57:34
1 Rumen Yotov wrote:
2
3 >Hi,
4 >An essential feature of portage is the ability to have two/three/more
5 >different (usually major) versions of the same package installed at the
6 >same time.
7 >Examples: GTK - 1&2 Glib 1&2 etc. etc.
8 >They are called SLOTS in gentoo terms.
9 >So the message means you don't have GTK-1.2.X.
10 >HTH.Rumen
13 I know Gentoo will let you have more than one version installed but it
14 appears that I or it needs to do something so it will use which ever one
15 it needs. I don't know how to do that, yet. Maybe Mike or you will
16 help me with that 'yet' part. Maybe I need to install something new.
17
18 Thanks,
19
20 Dale
21 :-)
24 To err is human, I'm most certainly human.
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list