From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI-3 draft: slot operator support
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 16:47:07
1 Am Donnerstag, den 09.04.2009, 12:03 +0200 schrieb Rémi Cardona:
2 > Mart Raudsepp a écrit :
3 > > Hello,
6 > > This thread is for any discussion about the slot operator support item
7 > > in EAPI-3 draft.
8 >
9 > Could anyone actually give a good reason for slot operators? What
10 > packages would have a _clear_ benefit from using them? I'm asking for an
11 > actual list of packages, not just some package that may exist in a
12 > parallel universe.
13
14 roughly 90% packages depending on one of:
15
16 sys-libs/db
17 dev-libs/boost
18 dev-lang/python
19
20 Sooo, something around 500 packages.
21
22 Besides: We wouldn't need the need_python_rebuild anymore, users could
23 safely uninstall old sys-libs/db versions, old dev-libs/boost versions
24 and the list of packages to reinstall in python-updater boils down to
25 what "paludis -u dev-lang/python:2.4" spits out as reverse-dependencies
26 (or the corresponding portage command).