From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Documentation Licensing (CC Attribution/Share Alike)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:45:18
1 I was just reading a GLSA on the announce list, and noticed the
2 Creative-Commons Attribution/Share-alike license at the bottom. Why I
3 clicked the link this time in particular I don't know, but I did...
4
5 It seems the 2.0 version that Gentoo is currently using is now an older
6 version. There's a 2.5 version available. I didn't notice anything
7 different in the "human readable commons deed", and didn't click the link
8 to the full legalese version to investigate further. However, it's
9 probably something the Gentoo legal folks (and core, I suppose, tho as I
10 user I don't have access to that list, AFAIK, so I don't know for sure)
11 need to be aware of, and consider switching to.
12
13 Pardon me if it's come up before and/or is being dealt with, but I've not
14 seen it covered yet here, and again, don't have access to core. A quick
15 bugs check didn't reveal anything either.
20 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
21 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list