From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: split tcltk USE flag to tcl and tk
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 08:10:17
1 This has come up before, and I still wish to voice against it. Like I
2 said to Mike (vapier/spanky) in a previous post, and what msterret and I
3 are working on fixing through the tree is:
4
5 tcltk? ( X? ( blah ) )
6
7 which is more accurate. By separating them you run into this error
8 case:
9
10 USE="-tcl tk"
11
12 except that tk needs tcl. And once upon a time they actually were
13 separate. I put them together because every ebuild that had a tk dep in
14 it was doing:
15
16 tcl? ( tcl ) tk? ( tk )
17
18 which is just silly really.
19
20 My 2 cents,
24 Seemant Kulleen
25 Developer and Project Co-ordinator,
26 Gentoo Linux http://dev.gentoo.org/~seemant
27
28 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3458780E
29 Key fingerprint = 23A9 7CB5 9BBB 4F8D 549B 6593 EDA2 65D8 3458 780E