From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in media-sound/mpfc/files: mpfc-1.3.7-INT_MAX.patch
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 22:17:41
1 On Monday 25 October 2010 19:06:45 Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > Il giorno lun, 25/10/2010 alle 18.50 -0300, Alexis Ballier ha scritto:
3 > > Am I missing something obvious or is it just hiding a bug in the
4 > > linux
5 > > headers? I see no usage of INT_MAX in the patched .c file...
6 >
7 > Upstream seem not to care about fixing that; we used to have a patch to
8 > "fix" linux-headers, but Mike dropped it with 2.6.35 to stay as close to
9 > upstream as possible.
10
11 so now we prefer poor workarounds in dozens of packages to fixing the real bug
12 in a single one in order to stay as close as possible to an unresponsive
13 upstream? nice
14
15 A.
18 PS: What to do if there is a clever upstream for another package refusing to
19 add such a workaround ? Carry the patch over and over ? This sounds very
20 selfish.