From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] please sign your manifests
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 16:36:47
1 On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 8:31 AM, Aaron W. Swenson <titanofold@g.o> wrote:
2 > This information, by the way, has been blogged about thousands of
3 > times.
4
5 There is a reason people write documentation. Contrary to blog posts,
6 documentation is thought out, reviewed, maintained and corrected when
7 necessary. Blogs are written out of our collective ass in order to
8 generate page hits or satisfy our ego, and forgotten right away. Ain't
9 this handy.
10
11 If you want people to handle security properly you have to tell them
12 how to. In details. If not everybody will figure it out in his or her
13 own way, all of them wrong. Get off your high horse and write
14 documentation if you know how things work. That's more productive than
15 this blabbering.
16
17 Denis.