From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Project proposal -- maintainer-wanted
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 18:48:33
1 Roy Bamford schrieb:
2 > We could use user contributed ebuilds attached to bugs as a way to
3 > bring Sunrise to the contributors attention just by posting a comment
4 > to the bug. If the contributor follows up, we get another user
5 > maintained ebuild in Sunrise, which is good, as the current developers
6 > don't have to do all the work. We already know some Sunrise
7 > contributors become developers so perhaps we can use this as a way to
8 > attract more contributors (both users and developers).
9 >
10 > Its probably a bad idea to send all the bugspam at the same time,
11 > Sunrise might be overwhelmed, which would be bad for Sunrise and user
12 > contributors who would feel let down
15 This is already done. darkside/idl0r did/do suggest sunrise to all maintainer-wanted bugs, that meet
16 some specific criteria. But have to say, while hundreds of messages where sent, there is not much
17 response from this until now.
20 Thomas Sachau
21
22 Gentoo Linux Developer