From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: pinkbyte@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] "frozen" overlay Re: Please stop useless removals
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 11:37:47
1 On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 13:30:04 +0400
2 Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > 01.02.2013 12:53, Michael Weber wrote:
5 > > BENEFIT
6 > >
7 > > User can choose whether or not layman -a frozen.
8 > >
9 > > Non-trivial ebuilds are preserved.
10 > >
11 > > Tarballs are preserved.
12 > >
13 > > Nobody gets hurt.
14 >
15 > Well, we can move such software to sunrise, can't we? But proposition of
16 > splitted mirrors makes sense, cause quite often dead upstream means dead
17 > links to original tarballs too.
18
19 No, Sunrise project has rather specific goals [1] and is certainly
20 not supposed to be a junkyard for packages removed from Gentoo. I'd
21 even say that packages are put in Sunrise with some hope that they will
22 be moved to gx86 at some point, not the other way.
23
24 [1]:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/sunrise/
27 Best regards,
28 Michał Górny