From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: per-package default USE flags
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 19:54:18
1 On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 02:40:59 -0700
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > At the profile level, I've added support for package.use
5 > which behaves like /etc/portage/package.use that everyone is familiar
6 > with.
7
8 In a discussion about bug 151586 we realized that there might be an
9 issue with profile package.use. With the current stacking order
10 package.use in a profile will always override all make.defaults,
11 independent of the profiles they come from. In particular a parent
12 package.use can override a childs make.defaults USE. This doesn't
13 exactly match the existing profile semantics.
14
15 Changing this however isn't trivial and would mean that in the
16 USE stack both files are treated as a single unit.
17
18 Marius
23 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
24 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.
25 --
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list