From: Bernd Steinhauser <gentoo@×××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI-2 - Let's get it started
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:08:09
1 Luca Barbato schrieb:
2 > Bernd Steinhauser wrote:
3 >> Luca Barbato schrieb:
4 >>> Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
5 >>>> The point is to make pkgcore a better package manager by getting the
6 >>>> developers to do some basic testing. We're not talking some obscure,
7 >>>> weird bug here. We're talking a really obvious, major screwup that a
8 >>>> couple of quick unit tests would catch straight away.
9 >>>
10 >>> No, you aren't talking, you are babbling about undefined flaws that
11 >>> nobody can evaluate, for which you aren't providing a way to
12 >>> reproduce it and possibly doesn't exist.
13 >>>
14 >>> lu
15 >>>
16 >> So in your opinion, the pkgcore maintainers should just say "Screw it,
17 >> it was just Ciaran who said that." and move on?
18 >
19 > He doesn't point any issue in particular.
20 And that wasn't the point. He pointed out, that there is an issue, that
21 hasn't been caught because of missing tests.
22
23 >> Why is "Create tests for EAPI=1 stuff." not a way to describe how to
24 >> reproduce a problem?
25 >
26 > because EAPI1 isn't specified completely so you don't have a large field
27 > to cover but you also do not know the bounds of it.
28 It really doesn't matter how it is specified. You have an implementation
29 of it and should make sure, that this implementation works.
32 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list