From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: autotools.eclass no longer inherits eutils; check your ebuilds!
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 06:10:00
1 On 05/23/2012 11:11 PM, Ryan Hill wrote:
2 > On Mon, 21 May 2012 21:04:44 +0200
3 > Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Looks like ebuilds not inheriting eutils directly even using epatch are
6 >> a lot as I have seen running:
7 >> grep inherit $(grep -r epatch */*/*.ebuild| cut -d: -f1) | grep -v
8 >> eutils
9 >>
10 >> Maybe they should be checked and a repoman warning should be added when
11 >> an ebuild is using epatch without inheriting eutils directly, otherwise
12 >> this problem could reappear if some other eclass no longer inherit it in
13 >> the future :-/
14 >
15 > Maybe we should make eutils inheritance implicit so all ebuilds get epatch
16 > and friends automatically. Is there really that much overhead? Or am I
17 > missing something obvious?
18
19 Do you mean in EAPI 5? We're already planning to include epatch, as part
20 of the epatch_user thing.
21 --
22 Thanks,
23 Zac